If you have not been to the dentist in a while, we invite you to schedule your dental checkup with Newbury Dental Group.
At our Newbury Park dental office, we treat patients of all ages, focusing on improving the health and appearance of our patients’ smiles. We understand that not everyone is excited about dental care. We also understand that due to busy schedules, a lack of insurance, or general forgetfulness, people do not visit the dentist with any regularity. If that is you, do not worry; you are not alone. According to the USA Today, 34 percent of Americans do not visit the dentist on an annual basis. While this is a large group of people, not having a dental checkup can place you at risk for a variety of health issues. We encourage you to take an hour out of your day for the benefit of your oral health and your future quality of life. To get started, all you need to do is call 805.375.9383 and schedule an appointment. Our friendly staff will not judge you for your lack of prior dental care but will be happy to get you up to speed again.
Seeing your dentist is a vital component of your oral health and hygiene, which is why our dentists believe in proper hygiene and routine check-ups are essential to your oral needs. At each appointment, we will take the time to fully explain the benefits of cleaning, treatment, and preventive care so that you have the knowledge you need to maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
Why You Need a Dental Checkup
There is a direct link between visiting the dentist and keeping your natural teeth. If you want to ensure that you have a full mouth of health teeth, then visit the dentist. Gallup Poll released a study in 2014 finding that the states with the highest percentage of dental visits also had the lowest percentage of adult tooth loss. For example, in Connecticut, 74 percent of adults visited the dentist in the past year, and their rate of adult tooth loss was only 9 percent. On the other hand, only 57 percent of adults in West Virginia visited the dentist in the past year, and 37 percent of adults have complete tooth loss. The correlation is clear and should prompt you to give us a call. If you do lose your teeth, we can help by providing you with replacements in the form of dental implants, bridges, or dentures. Still, there is no need for you to experience significant tooth loss when you visit our office regularly for preventative care. Saving your teeth, after all, is less time-consuming and less expensive.
Another reason to schedule a dental check-up is to make sure that you don’t experience a toothache or infection. We treat patients throughout the 91320 area and find that toothaches can create enough discomfort to cause people to miss work. In fact, according to the Center for Disease Control, 164 million work hours are lost each and every year due to dental related health issues. If you have a busy schedule and feel you do not have time for the dentist, you definitely need to schedule a dental checkup. Failing to do so could result in a more serious health condition forming and the need to take time off of work. After all, without preventative dental care, you are at a greater risk for tooth decay, infection, and gum disease.
What Happens at Your Dental Check-Up
At Newbury Dental Group, we are a gentle dentist, being sure to complete your dental checkup in a way that is comfortable and relaxing. We understand that some people do not visit the dentist since they have a dental phobia or concern that something may be wrong. If this is the case, and you do have a cavity, we will treat your tooth gently and carefully so that we can address your dental health issues without causing you any further irritation.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentist Newbury Park.
We invite you to call 805.375.9383 and schedule your dental checkup right away. When you come in, our friendly staff will make sure everything is ready to go. Next, we will take images of your teeth and gums to see if there are any infections or decay that are under the surface. We will also perform a visual inspection of your gums and each one of your teeth. During this time, we will also be looking for signs of infection, tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. If we identify any of these issues, we will discuss treatment options with you and may even be able to treat minor cavities that day. Before starting any procedures we will discuss them in detail to ensure that you are comfortable. We will also clean your teeth before you go to ensure that you do not have any lingering plaque or bacteria in your mouth.When you visit our Newbury Park, CA dental office, we will provide you the highest quality of care we can, by completing your dental checkup efficiently and gently.
The Benefits of Coming in Now
At Newbury Dental Group, we want you to visit our dentist office at the first sign of discomfort. If you have a slight toothache or irritation in your gums, you can schedule a dental exam. If there is a problem, we can correct it immediately, rather than allowing it to grow and spread. In many cases, we can help you to avoid experiencing any significant discomfort by simply removing the decayed area while it is still small. Otherwise, you may find yourself with a dental emergency as an untreated cavity spreads. Fortunately, we make it easy to schedule a dental checkup with our Newbury Park dentist office. All you need to do is call 805.375.9383 to schedule an appointment. We will work within your schedule to ensure that you receive the care you need, when you need it.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait for Dental Care
While we understand that many people wait to seek dental care due to anxiety, time, or finances, we do not recommend it. Instead, we suggest that you schedule a dental exam at least once every six months, even if you are not experiencing any discomfort. Doing so will allow us to remove any plaque or bacteria that is on your teeth, ensure that you do not have any cavities that are forming, and prevent you from experiencing gum disease. Our goal is to treat you before you have any health issues, and a dental checkup allows us to do so. We welcome you to come in so that we can protect and improve your oral health.
Newbury Park Dental Check-Up FAQ
The American Dental Association endorses dental guidance as the best indicator as to how many times you need an examination or cleaning. For the most part, patients with good oral health require a dental exam and cleaning as little as twice a year depending on necessity. Patients who have more complex dental issues may need to see our dentists more frequently. Our primary goal is to evaluate patients individually to help formulate a strategy to fit each need.
Even with regular brushing and flossing, it is easy to miss tartar and plaque build-up which creates an environment for bacteria to flourish. Dental cleanings prevent gum disease and tooth loss, but more importantly, it removes stains and enhances your smile. Benefits include:
- Prevents gingivitis which causes inflammation and bleeding gums.
- Cleanings lower the risk of high dental bills because they prevent cavities and gum disease which leads to decay and requires more extensive dental treatments.
- Cleaning removes stains from soda, tea, wine, or inhalants which helps maintain fresh breath and healthy, white teeth.
Newbury Dental Group wants you to feel comfortable during your appointment, so we utilize a variety of tools to deliver accurate, high-quality care.
- During your check-up, you will have an exam and cleaning which includes a fluoride treatment. Not only will it prevent cavities, but it is resistant to build-up and sugar-decay which will improve your oral health. The access to fluoride is vital to younger patients, but it also helps during the aging process as it slows down decay.
- You will also receive instruction on appropriate oral hygiene techniques like brushing and flossing which help to avoid serious dental problems.
- Cancer screenings are essential parts of your check-up. Our dentists look for both precancerous lesions as well as cancerous growth as research shows the earlier the detection the higher the chance of your recovery.
- Once you receive a cleaning, your dentist will apply a thin application of sealant which will help to prevent tooth decay. Not only will the coating protect a tooth’s enamel, but it will also block the buildup of plaque.
Typical dental tools include mirrors, burs, and probes which most patients have experience because of their routine use in dental care. You may also need an x-ray which will consist of digital imaging and an intra-oral camera.
- Dental tools enhance imaging and provide excellent sources for accuracy and detection.
- Our hygienists also use a replaceable saliva ejector which slowly removes spit while also avoiding the spread of disease.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our Business, License, and Website Security
- Newbury Dental Group was established in 2005
- We accept the following payment methods: Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Ventura County & Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Simi Valley, Calabasas, Agoura Hills, Westlake Village, Moorpark, Fillmore
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Cleaning & Exam > Preventative Care > Dental Checkup